Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A friend's online literary return, but so far, also his silence.

I just learned from a good friend (On my end anyway), Anthony Pryor, that has brought back his excellent Wulf Archives stories back officially. 

These are the best erotic online sword and sorcery fantasy stories you are ever going to read.  He started them in the early 1990s to prove to the readers of the infamous alt.sex.stories newsgroup that it is possible to have sexual explicit stories that written well with engaging plots and characters.

If you read these, you'll know he made his point beautifully with enthralling tales that went beyond simply the sex to embrace something much larger.  If you need proof, read "Heart of the Lion" and you'll first enjoy a thrilling war story that begins with what would have happened in the Anglo-Zulu War if the sides had roughly equal military resources and firepower on a fantasy context.  More importantly, you'll grow to like the lead character and what happens next becomes that much more bracing an experience.

That being said, I used to treasure talking to him, but I'm afraid during a visit at his home in Portland in 2002, I'm afraid I must have annoyed him seriously, because afterward, he stopped communicating with me. I never even heard a reason for his problem with me, leaving any idea to my specific misdeed as a glorified guess. 

That really stung and I can't seem to make things right.  Even this notice he sent seems more like an accident with a mass mailing on an email list he couldn't be bothered to specifically edit out his invitation to communicate concerning me.  I just sent an apologetic reply written as well as possible last night. I have received no reply yet, which suggests that the ice age between us is continuing.

I must say this is a painful thing and all I can hope is that he's simply responder right now and other matters of wishful thinking.

No comments: