Monday, August 06, 2012

A Reexamination of my Opinion and an Apology to Don D'Haene

A few months ago, I posted an article responding to Don D'Haene, which in retrospect was over the top and overly nasty.

I wrote that rant seething with anger, feeling personally insulted in my perception at Don singling me out and belittling my concerns in my review of his performance. I tried to give my response articulately and with evidence to support my arguments in an intelligent and nuanced manner after a few days of cooling off as opposed to quickly posting a hasty flame email.
 
With a cooler head with a few month's distance, I realize that I still got excessive in my writing and I regret the vitriolic tone and the ad hominem nature of the piece, such as the Lincoln Perry reference. I realize that I messed up both as a commissioned writer of theatrical review for The Beat with my earlier mistakes, and as a person with my emotions getting the better of me.

In other words: Don D'Haene, I am sorry I lost my temper in writing and attacked you.

Regardless, to both you and Mr. Richard Young, thank you for your time in what had been a very rewarding experience writing for your magazine and website. I just wish I could make amends to undo the hurt feelings on both sides.
 

No comments: