Tuesday, May 08, 2012

A Change of Blogging Focus

I've been having trouble thinking up things to write about this blog and it seems my rigidity about it is proving part of the problem. 

Namely, my pattern of writing about politics on Tuesdays and generally what I like on Thursdays is getting in the way.  It's inhibiting my writing by pigeonholing my habits into a pattern that I don't feel comfortable and making it more a chore and that's certain to kill this blog again.

There's also the matter that I get really depressed with Harper's antics and I'd rather not dwell on them. As it is I'm already a member of both the  Federal and Provincial NDP and support the Council of Canadians, The Friends of Canadian Broadcasting, Fair Vote Canada and the Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives.  Besides, with the number of people who read visit this thing, simply posting particular news stories I like on Facebook is a much more efficient way of sharing them. 

So, I'm changing my style and following the example of Mark Evanier's blog and just confine myself to more concise statements concerning politics before presenting links to writers more experienced and adept to say something really insightful whether it be Gwynne Dyer or the staff of The Toronto Star. Instead, I'll be focusing more on writing things that are actually enjoyable to write about like film, animation and comics.

I guess it's just a matter of dropping some pretensions and relaxing a bit and maybe this blog will actually be fun for a change.




No comments: